Thursday, October 8, 2009

Week 2: Missing in Action

I missed my hours this week because I was attending a professional conference in Boston, presenting some of my dissertation research on life cycle assessment. I have mixed feelings about missing my time in the high school this week. Mr. Sowder was very flexible, and I understand that TF program expects there to be some days which will be missed for research and conference travel. But, I regret that my absence was this early in my time at the high school, because I think that it will create some discontinuity in my relationships with the students that might not have occurred if I had missed time later in the semester. I will have to be very present next week when I return, to assure that the students and I can make connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment